Friday, October 30, 2009

Poem

I saw this on someones blog and liked it so much that I had to share it here....


Two Women


“Once there were two women … Who never knew each other …

One you do not remember … The other you call Mother …

Two different lives … Shaped to make you one …

One became your guiding star … The other became your sun …

The first one gave you life … The second taught you to live it …

The first gave you a need for love … The second was there to give it

One gave you nationality … The other gave you a name …

One gave you talent … The other gave you aim …

One gave you emotion … The other calmed your fears …

One saw your first sweet smile … The other dried your tears …

One sought for you a home … That she could not provide …

The other prayed for a child … And her hope was not denied …

And now you ask me through your tears …

The age-old question unanswered through the years …

Heredity or environment … Which are you a product of?

Neither my darling, neither … Just two different kinds of Love …"

… Author Unknown …

1 comment:

HeatherV said...

There is a book out there w/ this poem in it and whenever I read it to B I cry.