Thursday, August 20, 2009

Certificate of Citizenship

Jacobs Certificate of Citizenship came today! I was very surprised to see it after hearing that it usually takes a year to get. We sent our paperwork out on May 12. So really, it didn't take long at all. And I am really glad that we didn't have to go to Detroit. When I was getting the paperwork ready to send out, there were a few things that I wasn't sure if I needed to send. I sent them anyway. I figured, if they don't need it, they can dispose of it. I'd much rather have that than not send what they did need. So, I guess this means we are officially finished with our paperwork...yipee!!!! (Except post placement reports, which I personally don't consider paperwork.) I was also surprised to see that it says he has been a citizen since his birthday and not when we passed court. I guess that makes him a life long citizen?

3 comments:

Andrew Vaz said...

So exciting! Congrats :)

So nice to have all paperwork done I am sure. I need to get his passport and SSN so I can be done. I hope our CoC comes as quickly.

Emily said...

Very cool! I have got to get Seth's done. I can't believe you got it that fast!

Karen said...

Congrats! I guess this definitely means I should try to contact them, as we mailed our paperwork last August, got a letter from them in May stating it was approved, but nothing since!